Pages

08 April, 2012

Datasheet View not working

This will be one fast tip.

Recently I was struggling with Datasheet View, in some clients it simply didn't show. So how I did it in 30 seconds?


The icon was enabled, but kept receiving the following message:


After digging a while I find out the problem. I was using Office 2010 x64 with IE x32. 
That means the datasheet view components weren't installed correctly. I need the x86 version of the components. In my case, I couldn't install  Microsoft Office Access database engine 2010 x86 version, as I have Office 2010 x64. So the option now is to have Microsoft Office Access database engine 2007 x86 instead.

If that is your case follow the link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23734 pick the version suited to your IE version, install it and bam it should work.

I even tried this components in a computer without any Office application installed. Amazingly I also worked.

If you want to keep in touch, feel free to Subscribe to How I did it - Sharepoint Foundation 2010

2 comments:

  1. the above link does not work?

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23734

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above link does not work. Can you please update the link?

    ReplyDelete